Red Flags in a Relationship
Check off the red flags that are in your past or future relationship. Be sure to check your own behaviours that are red flags. Once you recognize the behaviours, they can be changed.
Lack of Communication
- Difficulty talking about issues or expressing feelings.
– Emotionally distant.
– Communication is expressed through moodiness, and sometimes the “silent treatment”.
Irresponsible, Immature, and Unpredictable Behaviour
– Has trouble taking themselves, managing their finances and personal space, holding onto a job,
and making plans for their life and their future.
- Small crises surrounding the way they live their life daily life may take up a lot of time and energy.
- Hard to rely on them for almost anything.
Lack of trust
- Has difficulty being honest with himself or herself and others
– Does not take responsibilities for actions.
Significant family and friends don’t like your partner.
– If there is something “off” about this person that seems obvious to those who know you well, you may need to listen to what they are telling you.
- Attempts to drive a wedge between you and other significant people in your life.
- Jealous of other friendships or relationships and feels the need to control where you go and who you associate with.
Feeling insecure in the relationship.
- You feel uncomfortable, uncertain, or anxious about where the relationship is heading.
– You are working harder than your partner at the relationship.
A dark or secretive past.
- Behaviours that are suspect, illegal activities, and addictive behaviours that haven’t been resolved and continue into your relationship.
Non-resolution of past relationships.
- Unable to evaluate why past relationships haven’t worked out, or consistently blames the other party for all of the problems.
- Verbal, emotional, psychological, sexual and physical abuse.